I am very pleased to announce the launch of a new weekly chat on Twitter for those connected with Enterprise Social Networks (ESN). The new chat name and hashtag is #ESNchat and the live chat will be held on Thursdays from 2-3 p.m. Eastern time beginning September 12, 2013.
Enterprise social networks, a.k.a. internal social networks, are growing significantly in their use throughout businesses worldwide as major ways of communicating among employees, both to accomplish the business’s objectives and to foster positive relationships between employees. While there are a few weekly Twitter chats on the subject of community management, until now there was not one devoted solely to enterprise social networks. #ESNchat will fill this gap.
For those not familiar with Twitter chats, they are live, scheduled events where anyone can join the conversation by merely logging into Twitter using whatever friendly software you wish, and then following a stream of tweets that use the given hashtag, joining in the conversation. Of course, the hashtag #ESNchat can and will be used throughout the week to tag posts relevant to the subject.
Here are some suggestions to learn more about #ESNchat and to be prepared for the first chat on September 12:
- Read the FAQ (also found at the top of this blog by selecting #ESNchat on the menu)
- Look over the topic schedule to see the focus for each of the first several weeks. Feel free to suggest topics of interest for future chats as well as specific questions related to scheduled chats! Each week will have a series of questions to discuss around a specific topic, with occasional guest speakers from the field and from relevant vendors.
- Follow me (@JeffKRoss) and the handle @ESNchat on Twitter to stay informed about coming chats, archives of previous chats, and to help grow a community of professionals devoted to ESNs.
- Consider joining the Twubs group for #ESNchat as an easy, friendly way to participate in the chat that gives you greater control over the stream and provides several helpful features to make the chats easy, fun and organized.
- Help spread the word about #ESNchat to others who may be interested.
If you’d like an easy way to remember how to get to the #ESNchat FAQ on this site, just remember http://esnchat.com and it will direct you there.
I’m excited about this new endeavor! I want #ESNchat to help grow a community of professionals who openly share with one another in order to advance the field, to help grow the ESNs for which we have responsibility, and to facilitate personal and professional growth in our own roles related to ESNs. Feel free to start the conversation now using #ESNchat in your tweets.
I look forward to seeing you in the first chat on September 12 at 2 p.m. Eastern!